JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1995 lumina: rear window..i checked fuse no power fuse is not blown

1995 lumina rear window defogger wont heat i checked fuse no power fuse is not blown
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing

What has happend is, inside the Control Module, on the back side of the knob, there is a little metal box. On the flat surface, you will notice that there are 4 lead type rivets in the corners. Well, over time, these rivets become loose, and that metal that goes around is actually a ground, looses contact. So. There are 2 ways to fix your problem. One is replace the entire HVAC Controls, or take it apart, and (what I did on my 96 with the very same problem) you can take a pair of LARGE pliers, and smash that lead piece back down tight. Now of course this is only a temporary fix, but so far on mine, its lasting.

Anyways, I'm almost 99.99 percent sure this is what the problem is.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)