RussMasterTech
RussMasterTech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years of GM Dealership experience. ASE Master with L1 and GM Master Certified in Electrical

Replace Fuel presssure regulator on 2001 chevy silverado 6cylinder

Customer Question

How do you replace Fuel presssure regulator on 2001 chevy silverado 6cylinder
Category: Chevy
Expert:  RussMasterTech replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

The fuel pressure regulator is located under the upper intake manifold plenum and is clipped into the fuel distribution block that houses the injectors. I'll attach some diagrams and step by step instructions for you.

The install procedure is the reverse of disassembly. The torque spec is 80 inch/lbs.

Make sure you get an upper manifold gasket set.

If this is the information you were looking for, please make sure to click the "Accept" button so I may receive the credit for helping you today.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Russ

Object Number: 360851  Size: SH
Click here for detailed picture of above imageidth=

• Separate the MAF/IAT sensor assembly and the air inlet tube by loosening the hose clamp.
  • Disconnect the PCV hose from the air cleaner outlet duct.
    Object Number: 489179  Size: SH
  • Remove the air inlet tube and resonator retaining wing nut.
    Object Number: 489176  Size: SH
  • Remove the air inlet tube and resonator from the throttle body by pivoting the air inlet tube and resonator upward until the hinge clip releases from the lip on the throttle body.
    Object Number: 26764  Size: SH
  • Remove the accelerator cable from the cable routing bracket.
    Object Number: 325556  Size: SH
  • Remove the accelerator cable from the throttle body lever.
  • Disconnect the cruise control cable, if equipped from the throttle shaft and the accelerator cable bracket at the side of the throttle body. Refer to Cruise Control Cable Replacement in Cruise Control.
    Object Number: 398030  Size: SH
  • Remove the engine wiring harness clip from the accelerator control cable bracket.
  • Remove the accelerator control cable bracket with the accelerator control cable and the cruise control cable from the throttle body.
  • Move and secure the accelerator control cable and the cruise control cable out of the way.
    Object Number: 398868  Size: SH
  • Disconnect the secondary air injection (AIR) crossover pipe from the AIR pipe assemblies, if equipped.
  • Remove the AIR crossover pipe, if equipped.
    Object Number: 491821  Size: SH
  • Disconnect the following electrical connections:
    The A/C compressor clutch (1), if equipped
    The A/C pressure switch (4), if equipped
    The EGR valve (2)

Object Number: 491817  Size: SH
    The throttle position (TP) sensor (1)
    The idle air control (IAC) motor (2)
    The fuel meter body assembly connector (3)

Object Number: 491816  Size: SH
    The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor (2)
    The EVAP canister purge solenoid valve (1)

Object Number: 310241  Size: SH
  • Remove the two nuts holding the engine wiring harness bracket to the upper intake manifold studs.
  • Remove the engine wiring harness bracket from the studs.
    Object Number: 310243  Size: SH
  • Remove the nut holding the engine wiring harness bracket to the stud at the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve.
  • Remove the nut and the ground wire from the engine wiring harness bracket stud at the rear of the right cylinder head.
  • Remove the stud holding the engine wiring harness bracket.
  • Move the engine wiring harness and the engine wiring harness brackets aside.
  • Remove the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve. Refer to Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Solenoid Valve Replacement in Engine Controls - 4.3L.
    Object Number: 172995  Size: SH
  • Remove the PCV valve hose assembly form the intake manifold and the valve rocker arm cover.
    Object Number: 346148  Size: SH
  • Disconnect the power brake booster vacuum hose from the intake manifold.
    Object Number: 398033  Size: SH
  • Remove the accelerator control cable bracket from the intake manifold and the throttle body.
  • Remove the fuel lines from the fuel meter body assembly. Refer to Fuel Hose/Pipes Replacement - Engine Compartment in Engine Controls - 4.3L.
    Object Number: 516794  Size: SH
  • Remove the studs for the upper intake manifold.
  • Remove the upper intake manifold.
    Object Number: 516790  Size: SH
  • Remove the upper intake manifold gasket from the groove.
  • Discard the gasket.
    Object Number: 516773  Size: SH
  • Remove the seal (O-ring) from the fuel meter body assembly.
  • Discard the seal.

Important: Do not immerse the assembled upper intake manifold in cleaning solvent.

• Clean all sealing surfaces and the inside of the upper intake manifold with a shop towel and cleaning solvent.
  • Inspect the upper intake manifold for the following:
    Cracks or other damage to the exterior
    Cracking or damage to the gasket grooves
    Loose or damaged bolt hole thread inserts

Object Number: 516797  Size: SH
  • If replacing the upper intake manifold, turn and remove the power brake booster vacuum tube fitting from the upper intake manifold.
  • Remove and discard the seal (O-ring).
    Object Number: 516804  Size: SH
  • If replacing the upper intake manifold, turn and remove the PCV valve cover from the upper intake manifold.
  • Remove and discard the seal (O-ring).
  • Remove the throttle body if replacing the upper intake manifold. Refer to Throttle Body Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls - 4.3L.
  • Remove the MAP sensor if replacing the upper intake manifold. Refer to Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Replacement in Engine Controls - 4.3L.
  • graphic