Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience.
5624692

2002 Cavalier: the headlight lamps..mounting..housing

I''m trying to replace the headlight lamps in my 2002 Cavalier. After I remove the two mounting screws, the shop manual says that I should be able to pull out the housing and change the lamp. However, after I remove the screws, the housing still seems to be attached somewhere behind the quarter-panel to the side light and I can pull it out. What else do I need to do?

HiCustomer

You need to remove the parking light assembly before you remove the headlight assembly.

Parking and Turn Signal Lamp Replacement (Chevrolet)

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 591193  Size: SH

1. Remove the hood close out filler panel.
  2. Insert a flat-bladed tool thought the rectangle slot in the headlamp bracket.
  3. Apply outboard pressure to the locking tab (3) while guiding the parking lamp forward.
  4. Apply pressure to the outboard locking tab (1) while guiding the parking lamp forward.
  5. Remove the parking lamp from the vehicle.
  6. Disconnect the bulb/socket (2) from the parking lamp.
  7. Remove the bulb from the socket, if required.
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience.
graphic