Greg
Greg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22+ years of experience on GM vehicles. Shop Owner/lead tech. Specializing in GM products.
6713322

1995 chevy: showing a code 43. Knock sensor checks out.

I have a 1995 chevy k1500 350 auto. It is showing a code 43. Knock sensor checks out. Looking for the esc module. It is not beside the throttle body like on a 92.
Hello,Customer the 95 models were kind of a splityear on the esc module, early 95's had the ESC on the intake later 95's used only the knock sensor with a straight circuit to the PCM or computer thats behind the glove box. Heres a trouble chart for code 43 that takes you through the checks. The most common thing I have found on these is someone replaces the starter and cracks the sensor end or damages theone pin connector to the sensor. Let me know If I can help you any more!graphicgraphic