Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  camarochris replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry we actually don't have that information. The unlock code is different for every vehicle and stereo to keep from having it stolen. Also the only way to unlock it is with a special computer which you can only have done at a dealership. I'm really sorry since this is not the info you probably wanted to here.
Expert:  Bob replied 8 years ago.

Hello, not to disagree with the previous expert, but your 2004 radio system does not unlock like some of the earlier models. The only way it can be unlocked is with the use of a class 2 scan tool like the dealers use. A regular code reader can't do the job as they can't access the correct control modules. Below is a quote out of the GM service manual for your car. Thanks

The only way to unlock the radio is by using a scan tool. The scan tool sends the appropriate diagnostic message (relearn VIN) to reset the radio. Using a scan tool, select the radio VIN relearn procedure from the module replacement screen in Vehicle Control Systems.