frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,

I have a 2005 Trailblazer that revs to high RPMs ...

I have a 2005 Trailblazer that revs to high RPM''s while going over 30 miles per hours, then backs off to normal, then revs high again..Over and Over again. I am on the highway and need to travel 200 miles to get home. What is the problem and can I make it without doing further damage?
Submitted: 8 years ago via
Category: Chevy
Expert:  frank replied 8 years ago.
I would say to stop and get the code read -it sounds like its a toque convertor problem .Try driving it a lower manual gear.But if you lost 4th gear the sprag in the trans is not holding and you will burn up the direct clutches and plates.Your left with spending the night away from home or limping it back home-but the damage may be done either way.You'll have to see if you have a code then its your choice-the worse that will happen is that you will need to replace the trans and GM now has a 100,000 mile warranty on the replacement transmission.