SuperDave Auto
SuperDave Auto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto and Truck Technician, 24+ years shop owner
7213828

1984 Chevy G20: camper..van..backwards..the passenger (my wife) leans

We have a 1984 Chevy G20 camper van with rotating captains chair. One of the chairs is now collapsing backwards when the passenger (my wife) leans back on it. We''re in Panama right now and have to fix it ourselves. Any suggestions?

HelloCustomer

Unfortunately, your chair is probably not repairable correctly. They no longer make the parts for it. Sorry. However, maybe a weld patch job could be achieved. I understand that you have to fix it yourselves, but maybe either take the chair or the whole van to a shop for quick fix job. I would recommend an exhaust shop. They are usually very good welders, have the right welding equipment, and will most likely be cheaper than and other repair shop. I did this witha motorcycle trailer once and was very happy till I got home to fix it the way that I wanted to. I hope I have helped a little. Dave