Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

1993 chevy: same problem..I installed a used amp..controls..stations

Hi I have a 1993 chevy pickup...the radio quit functioning..could not change channels or adjust clock etc... a friend had the same problem and said that the amplifier was the problem. I installed a used amp from a parts yard and now have the radio controls working but have another problem...all I get is static...it will not receive any stations...I have cleaned the antennae plug and tried to move it around with the radio on but there is not the slightest hint of a station coming through. Is this now a problem with the tuner itself? or is this still a symptom of a bad amp? Please help

Because the box that you replaced, under the dash is also the AM/FM Tuner, you probably have another defective AMP / Tuner Box.
If you get No AM/FM
If you get limitied FM & NO AM, then it would be the Antenna or Antenna lead.
If you get AM & NO FM, then it would be internal in the box.