Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

1993 chevy: same problem..I installed a used amp..controls..stations

Hi I have a 1993 chevy pickup...the radio quit functioning..could not change channels or adjust clock etc... a friend had the same problem and said that the amplifier was the problem. I installed a used amp from a parts yard and now have the radio controls working but have another problem...all I get is will not receive any stations...I have cleaned the antennae plug and tried to move it around with the radio on but there is not the slightest hint of a station coming through. Is this now a problem with the tuner itself? or is this still a symptom of a bad amp? Please help

Because the box that you replaced, under the dash is also the AM/FM Tuner, you probably have another defective AMP / Tuner Box.
If you get No AM/FM
If you get limitied FM & NO AM, then it would be the Antenna or Antenna lead.
If you get AM & NO FM, then it would be internal in the box.