camarochris
camarochris, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  10 years personal experience with GM, Specifically Chevy's
8236281

why did they stop making the chevy blazer The reason ...

why did they stop making the chevy blazer? The reason I am asking is that I am thinking about buying an 04 blazer with a vortex engine. Any advice?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  camarochris replied 8 years ago.
GM replaced the blazer with the new trailblazer and no longer needed the blazer in the lineup. Both blazers are good vehicles and there is no mechanical reason to the discontinuation of the blazer. The 4.3L is an excellent engine but the new 4.2L straight six in the trailblazer makes more power and runs alot smoother and thus replaced the 4.3L V6. The straight six takes up more room that the S10 blazer did not have and the market for the trailblazer crosses both small and medium sized suv's meaning the original S10 blazer was no longer needed. The trailblazer is an excellent vehicle also but normally has a higher price tag. Mostly cause it holds it's value better. The only things I recommend having looked at before purchase of the blazer you are looking at is theXXXXXif so equipped. They can have problems with the switch and or the computer for theXXXXX Please let someone check this out before purchase. I hope this helps and if you any further questions please just ask and I will do the best to answer them for you.