MasterTechMerlin
MasterTechMerlin, Certified Technician, Diesel or Gas
Experience:  Master Certification, Vehicle Electronics and Engine Controls a specialty....
6972454

2000 chevy s10: 4wd..acceleration..fuel pump, fuel filter..driver side

Customer Question

my 2000 chevy s10 4.3 v6 4wd is lacking power an acceleration. obd code p0446 comes up i know that is an emissions code i also had a diagnostic and that said i had low fuel pressure and it was running rich. i myself have changed yhe o2 sensors, cat, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, plugs and wires, and some vaccume hoses that hooked into driver side front fender well, could it be a purge vent solenoid and would that make it run so bad? maybe the charcoal canister? what else could it be??? please help..
THANK YOU, JAMIE
The hesitation really seemed to start when my cat was going bad and i drove with it plugged up for about a year when the cat got replaced it helped just a little to run better
Category: Chevy
Expert:  MasterTechMerlin replied 8 years ago.

Hey Jamie,

I have a couple of vehicles with a 4.3 powerplant. One of which gave me the exact same problem, based on the same scenario. After pulling my hair out for a while I spent almost an entire day doing different diagnostics and finally came up with a bad fuel pressure regulator. I also had an injector issue so I changed the entire top half of the valve body. ( Which contains the pressure regulator and the injectors.) If you have a salvage yard near you that you know, or someone you know, knows of its reputability I would purchase a valve body from them and install it. There is a rebuild kit available for the regulator itself, but it runs around $60 and they are extremely finicky. I would get a different valve body (or if you can get just the top half) and install it. My truck has never run better...

Hope this helps....

Good Luck....

Let me know if you need anything else...

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i replaced the pressure regulator and would a good injector cleaner be something to try?