Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

I locked my keys in my truck. I have a slim jim, but ...

I locked my keys in my truck. I have a slim jim, but don''t know how to use it. how do i open my 98 chevy truck with this device?
Jerry, a slim jim won't work for you, the newer trucks have blocks in there to defeat them. What model truck is it? Does it have a frame around the windows on the door and does it have power locks?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is a 98 model chevy truck with power locks. yes there is a frame around the windows

If you can carefully pull out on the upper frame of the door, have a helper slide a thin piece of wood or a screwdriver in the gap to hold it open. Now take your slim jim or a long thin object (yardstick, coat hanger) and use it to push the unlock button on the door.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No other overide or by-pass. What about a lock smith?
Yep, if you have AAA they're free, or you can call 1800popalock.