How do I reset the Service Engine Soon light on a 2001 Chevy Blazer

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Have you have this vehicle checked for trouble codes? Do you have access to a scan tool? Where any repairs made?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: No, I am trading the car in today and the light came on yesterday. I think the problem is related to the drastic change in weather here, hot AC on and then yesterday heater on. Seems to have happened in past and resets itself after a few days. But I am taking in to trade it in today and wanted to get light off. I disconnected battery is there a fuse or reset someplace?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Ok well this is not going to be as simple as removing the battery cables. The only way that you can get that light out is by using a scan tool. You must clear the trouble code or codes and the light will go out. The only other way would be to have the vehicle scanned and then repaired and run the vehicle through its drive cycles until the computer does its checks to clear the code. If you take it to your local auto zone, they can do this testing for free. This will give us the trouble code that we need to properly diagnose this problem. Feel free to contact me with any questions. There is just no easy way to clear this light without the scan tool. Good luck!