BOBBYSS, Master Technician

I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado with a misfiring third ...

I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado with a misfiring third cylinder. What could be the problem? where can I find the firing order for that truck?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer the firing order for your vehicle is 1-3-5-4-2. The cylinders are numbered one in the front and 5 in the back. The spark plugs are located under the engine cover beneth the ignition coils. I would remove the spark plug and inspect it. It is also possible to have a valve problem that is very common on this engine. The coils are shown below as number 4 in the illustration. Do you plan on fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to BOBBY's Post: yes I plan on fixing it myself. If i can. what can be done about the valves?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 8 years ago.
In order to fix the valves the head must be removed and the valves replaced. I would start by checking the spark plug and the coil. If you need to a compression check would let you know how the valves are doing.