Greg A
Greg A, Master Troubleshooter
Experience:  Working with Electronics & Cars for 25+ Years

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Greg A replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Can you tell me a little more about the symptoms?

Do the lights have problems only during the day (DRLs flash), & does this happen when the switch for the headlights is turned on?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is my mother's car and my husband is trying to help her,but he is stumped because the drl light used to stay on steady,now it just blinks and then goes off altogether. The lights on the outside of the car are working it is just the drl light in the interior of the car were it spells out drl on the dash I guess it would be called(you know the "idiot light") that is what is flashing and my husband changed the relay and the fuses and bulbs. I hope I have explained myself well enough for you to understand me
                      Thank You
Expert:  Greg A replied 8 years ago.

Hi Lynne,

If the lights are working, including the DRLs, then it is probably just a loose connection between the DRL control module and the instrument panel. I would suspect that the loose connection would be at the control module, which is below the driver side of the Instrument Panel, near the center console.

I would suggest that you (or your husband) take a look at the connector on the DRL control module, especially Pin G (shown in the diagram below). I believe this pin provides a Ground signal to the light on the dash.

Here is the procedure to replace the module, so this should let you know how to get to it, and the schematic, if you need it.

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Control Module Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the instrument panel lower cover.
  3. Reach underneath the instrument panel and remove the bolts and the daytime running lamp module.
  4. Disconnect the electrical connector.

Installation Procedure

Refer to Fastener Notice below.

1. Install the daytime running lamp module with the bolts. Tighten

Tighten the daytime running lamp module bolts to 2.5 N·m (22 lb in).

2. Connect the electrical connector.
  3. Install the instrument panel lower cover.
  4. Connect the negative battery cable.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes or if you have more questions.

Take Care, Greg A.