Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

My 2006 uplander power sliding door on the passenger side ...

My 2006 uplander power sliding door on the passenger side will not operate and when I place the car in gear it chimes. I have tried to deactivation the power door and this does not work.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.

This is not a simple system to diagnose. There are a few different switches that could cause this problem. The first thing I would do is verify that the door jamb contact plates are clean, dry and, corrosion free. From this point though you begin investigating in the door itself and some of this testing will require a class 2 scan tool like the dealer has. See this type of problem actually can produce a trouble code which takes all of the guessing out of play. Here is a wiring schematic of the system so that you can see how advanced the system really is.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS

Keep in mind that depending on how many miles you have, you may be able to get this repaired under a factory warranty. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Good luck!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: I cleaned the contact and this didn't help. How can I stop the chiming until I can get it to the shop? I thought about taking out the fuse but the directions on where the fuse box doesn't help. It states it is in a panel you access from the passenger door and I need visual help to see exactly where it is.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
See that is a problem. Simply turning the chime off cannot be done without causing other problems with the body control module. There is a fuse for the motor that actuates the door, but the alarm is wired into the body control module. The body control module will cause serious problems if disabled. I wish I could tell you better, but this is not going to be something that can be easily disabled. If you would like I can opt out to see if any other experts have come across this problem. Let me know if you would like that and I will happily do so.
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION