1. Remove the spark plug wires.
2. Loosen each spark plug 1 or 2 turns.
3. Brush or air blast away any dirt from around the spark plugs.
4. Remove the spark plugs 1 at a time. Place each plug in a tray marked with the corresponding cylinder numbers.
1. Properly position each spark plug washer.
2. Inspect each spark plug gap. Adjust each plug as needed. Specification Spark plug gap: 1.524 mm (0.060 in)
3. Hand start the spark plugs in the corresponding cylinders. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
4. Tighten the spark plugs.
For used heads tighten the spark plugs to 15 N.m (11 lb ft) .
For new aluminum heads tighten the spark plugs to 20 N.m (15 lb ft) .
For new iron heads, tighten the spark plugs to 30 N.m (22 lb ft) .
5. Install the spark plug wires.