j_ramsey, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified engine repair a/c automatic transmission steering and suspension

700R4 Rebuilt, Works fine in forward gears, no reverse, ...

700R4 Rebuilt, Works fine in forward gears, no reverse, loads up like its in gear but doesn''t move.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  j_ramsey replied 8 years ago.
With it having all forward gears the only problems can either be the seal rings at the pump or the clutches themselves. It is possible to lose just reverse in the 700R4 / or 4L60E because reverse is its own clutch pack in the "reverse input clutch drum ".
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It seems to be in reverse and drive at the same time. I checked the forward clutches ( that was 1st in the trouble shooting Chart ) they have plenty of clearance!
Expert:  j_ramsey replied 8 years ago.
If you know that the clutches are fine and that it is definitely engaging , the one thing that I can see that will cause your problem is the forward sprag that is in the input clutch drum. If the sprag is sticking and not freewheeling when the forward clutches are released you will get the feeling of both drive and reverse being engaged.