Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified

99 s10 blazer: 4x4..actuator..solenoid and solenoid has 14

99 s10 blazer, 4x4 doesn''t work and found that there is a solenoid on firwall with 2 vacuum lines and wire connection. no vacuum coming out of solenoid to the vacuum actuator. but vacuum from source to solenoid and solenoid has 14 volts on one pin and 5 volts on other pin? is this solenoid or whatever bad and making my 4x4 not working and making my light flash on switches?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 8 years ago.
Try this...locate the 4X4 module behind the right lower side kick panel ahead of the right front door. Disconnect both electrical connectors and after 30 seconds reconnect and retest. Sometimes these modules become logic locked and won't complete the desired shift. Let me know what happens and if you need any further assistance ok.