j_ramsey, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified engine repair a/c automatic transmission steering and suspension

I have a full manual transbrake turbo 350 that ...

I have a full manual transbrake turbo 350 that won''t shift out of 1st gear?? It has no govenor in it.. some help would be appreciated!! thought maybe it is in the valve body??
Did this problem just occur ? Has it been shifting without a governor ? I use a governor in all of my manual shift 350 transmissions and no vacuum modulator and no kick down. If you can hear a metal rattling noise inside the transmission then it broke the intermediate sprag / race , which is common if you did not upgrade with the forged intermediate race. I really think you should have a governor though.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
problem just started!has been shifting fine for about a month.No metal sounds or anything else unusual.I can still shift to third.
Sorry to say this, but if you can still shift to third then you definitely broke the intermediate sprag and outer race. I make sure that I use the hardened outer race in all of my racing transmissions that people order from me. For only $25 it is cheap insurance and practically makes the 350 bullet proof .