Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

1998 Chevy Venture: the estimated repair costs..blown head gasket

What is the estimated repair costs for a 1998 Chevy Venture with a blown head gasket
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
Do you have an idea on wha tyour local hourly labor rate is in your area?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: I believe it is somewhere in the $13 - $15/hour range... it is a Tampa, FL repair market (if that helps)
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
That would be a steal at that price. Your hourly labor rate would be what your shop would charge you per hour while they are fixing your vehicle. I would think that $90 an hour would be closer. Regardless of that right now, the repair will take around 13.7 hours. So my figuring at $90 per hour would come to $1233.00 for labor. You will still need to figure some time for machining the cylinder heads ($100) and for parts ($200). This would bring this total for the repair to real close to $1533.00. The main thing to look at for labor is the correct hourly rate and multiply it by 13.7 and add $300. This should give you a real good estimate for sure. Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would prefer a second opinion. Good luck!