Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)

How do you resynchronize remote keyless entry system ...

Customer Question

How do you resynchronize remote keyless entry system on a 2003 truck?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bob replied 8 years ago.

Hello, the post below should be what you need. Thanks

Document ID# XXXXX
2003 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD

Transmitter Synchronization

Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the remote keyless entry system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the passenger door module (PDM).
The PDM will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
The panic button should still operate normally when the system is out of synchronization.
Resynchronization may be necessary under the following conditions:
- The battery in the transmitter is very weak.
- The battery in the transmitter was replaced.
- The battery in the vehicle has been in a low or no charge condition for an extended period of time.
In order to resynchronize the transmitter with the PDM, perform the following steps:

1. Stand within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds.The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization.

Document ID# XXXXX
2003 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The panic button does not work. It may be the fuse but I am unable to locate the fuse in the fuse box. The owners manual does not show a fuse for te keyless system.
Expert:  Bob replied 8 years ago.
Does any part of the system work? If the lights or the horn work normally, I doubt it is a fuse problem. GM has a special tester for testing the remotes that they would not charge you to use. Tell me what it does do and what it doesn't do and I will see if I can find something that may help you. Thanks also for the accept. But that doesn't mean that you can't ask follow up questions, because you sure can and we are here to try to help. Thanks