Bob
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)
2210118

How do I change out the brake light in hhr ls06

I need to change out the rear bulbs in the driver side rear lights (blinker, tail, break, etc). I got the bulbs and read the owners manual, but I''m not sure how to access where they are specifying after you open the rear panel in the rear when you open the liftgate.

Hello, if you have the panel open maybe a couple of pictures will help. I am sending you 2 of them. One is for replacing the bulb, the first one. The second one will show the relationship of the lamp and wiring to the socket, etc. Hope this helps. Thanks

Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN
2006 Chevrolet HHR

Tail Lamp Bulb Replacement

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SF

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

1. Open the liftgate.
  2. Remove either the LR or RR quarter trim panel access hole cover in order to access the rear tail lamp electrical connector.
  3. Disconnect the rear tail lamp bulb electrical connector.

1

Tail Lamp Bulb Socket

Tip Turn the lamp socket a quarter turn counterclockwise to remove from the tail lamp bracket.

2

Tail Lamp Bulb

Tip Pull the tail lamp bulb straight from the socket.

Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN
2006 Chevrolet HHR

Tail Lamp Replacement

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: MF

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

1. Open the liftgate.
  2. Remove either the LR or RR quarter trim panel access hole cover in order to access the rear tail lamp connectors and fasteners.

1

Socket, Tail Lamp Bulb

2

Nuts, Tail Lamp (Qty: 3)

Tighten 6 N·m (53 lb in)

3

Bracket, Tail Lamp

Tip Pull the bracket forward in the vehicle to remove.

4

Lamp Assembly, Tail

Tip Remove the tail lamp from the exterior side of the rear body panel.

Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know this will surely help me. It helps to have at least a partial blueprint/schematic. I went out and tried it, and I can see what you are speaking of, but I don't have the right tool I don't have the strength to get the bolts loose. I also need a shorter tool. But this did answer my question.
Good deal. Happy we cpould help. Good luck with it. And thanks for the accept and feedback as well as for using JA