AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2003 chevy: charging..) and (service brake booster) on the odometer

hi, my 2003 chevy silverado is blinking (battery not charging) and (service brake booster) on the odometer. what can i do without taking it 2 the mechanic. they are all closed today.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 years ago.
First I would rec to load test the battery. If it does not pass a load test, I would then replace it. After the battery is verified that it is ok, then I would be sure that the alternator has all the right inputs. If it does, and still does not charge the battery, the alternator is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do i load test it and does the (service brake booster) have anything to do with the battery
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 years ago.
You are going to have to go to the parts store and have them load test your battery with their battery tester.

As far as the brake booster goes, no it should not have anything to do with this. Unless there is an electronic part that runs off of battery voltage. If the battery is extremely low on a charge because the alternator is not charging, than the whole electrical system will not have enough power and then YES, this will cause your light.