Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

The van not go in reverse after going over a hill..fluid levels

The van not go in reverse after going over a hill . I checked the fluid levels and they were ok. there was also scrubing sound as I was coming down the hill.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 8 years ago.
Hi and welcome, Super mechanic here. It sounds as if you may have a caliper that is loose or one of the bolts for the front brake saddle has come out.
That would explain the scrubbing sound that you heard. Let me know if you can, if it feels like it is sort of locked up or does the engine rev up and the van just not go in reverse.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the enhine justs revs when I mash the gas in reverse.
It sounds as if the reverse band may have broken inside the trans. then. If you have forward gears then we know the axles are ok.
Normally whenever something that is internal with the transmission goes bad it is best to rebuild the whole unit.
Unfortunately that can be rather expensive if you don't have an extended warrentee. ($1200) or so.