roadsidejerry, auto mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mechanic 39 years, 30 with NYPD Fleet Service Division

2002 monte carlo: I wanted to know how to change to the spark plugs

I have a 2002 monte carlo 3.4L. I wanted to know how to change to the spark plugs. They site on the top rear of the engine. Is this someting I can or does it have to be taken to a dealer?
HelloCustomer on the 3.4 engine you can remove the plugs with out tilting the engine.Just be sure to attempt it when it's cold.The 3.1 engine requires the engine struts in the front be undone and the engine tilted forward with a come along strap tool.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to roadsidejerry's Post: When I pulled of the plug wires there seems to be some kind a shrowd over the plugs. Are there screws on the back near the firewall the need removed are is it just the ones on the front side?
HelloCustomerthe back plugs replacement is done the same as the front side of the engine,it just a little harder to get to.Jerry