Bart, GM Master tech
Experience:  20 Years Gm Auto Tech All current gm training GM Master tech ASE Master tech All electrical problems

1990 chevy: my truck..c1500..clutch is not disengaging..pedal

I am having trouble with my truck. It is a 1990 chevy c1500. The clutch is not disengaging when I press the pedal. I changed the Master cylinder, but there is still no pressure on the pedal. Do I have to bleed the line somewhere, if so where? Is the internal slave cylinder shot?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bart replied 8 years ago.

Bleeding Hydraulic Clutch Actuator

1. Fill the reservoir with DOT 3 brake fluid. Note: Never, under any circumstances, use fluid which has been bled from a system to fill the reservoir, as it may be aerated, have too much moisture content and possibly be contaminated.
  2. Remove the secondary (slave) cylinder (27) and tip the bleeder screw (32) up.
  3. Hold the clutch pedal down, open the bleeder screw (32) to let air and fluid escape, and close the bleeder screw (32). Let the clutch pedal up.
  4. Repeat step 3 until all air is out of the system. Note : Check and refill the reservoir as needed while bleeding so that air is not drawn into the system.
  5. Install the secondary (slave) cylinder (27) and refill the reservoir if needed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Bart's Post: From my understanding, the slave cylinder is mounted externally, correct?