Bob
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)
2210118

how to lay down rear seat in 2004 chevrolet trailblazer 3rd row

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bob replied 6 years ago.

Here is some information on the rear seats from the owners manual. It should be what you need. Thanks

Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - 4WD

Rear Seat Operation

Flip and Fold Second Row Seats (Five-Passenger)

Your vehicle may have flip and fold second row seats which allow more cargo space.

To flip and fold the seat(s), do the following:

Object Number: 807319  Size: B3

1. Pull up on the loop located where the seat cushion meets the seatback and flip the seat cushion forward.
    Object Number: 807358  Size: A3

2. Lift the lever, located on the outboard side of the seatback, and fold the seatback forward. The head restraint will automatically fold out of the way as the seatback is folded down.

To return the seat(s) to the original position, do the following:

Caution: If the seatback is not locked, it could move forward in a sudden stop or crash. That could cause injury to the person sitting there. Always push and pull on the seatback to be sure it is locked.

1. Lift the seatback until it locks into the upright position. Push and pull on the seatback to make sure it is locked.
    Object Number: 807361  Size: B3

2. Return the head restraints to the upright position by reaching behind the seat and pulling it forward until it locks into place. Push and pull on the head restraint to make sure that it is locked.
  3. Flip the seat cushion back into place.

Fold and Tumble Second Row Seats (Seven-Passenger)

Your vehicle may have a second row 65/35 split bench seat which may be folded and tumbled for access to the third row seats.

To fold and tumble the seat(s), do the following:

1. Push the head restraints down fully.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: A2

2. Fold the seatback flat on the seat by pulling up on the front part of the lever, located on the outboard side of the seat, and indicated as 1 on the handle and side cover.
  3. Pull up on the rear part of the lever indicated as 2 on the handle and side cover to release the rear set of seat hooks from the floor pins.
  4. Tumble the seat forward.

1. Tumble the seat rearward to reengage the rear seat hooks to the floor pins.

Caution: A seat that is not locked into place properly can move around in a collision or sudden stop. People in the vehicle could be injured. Be sure to lock the seat into place properly when installing it.

2. Try to raise the seat to check that it is locked down.
  3. Lift the seatback up to return it to the upright position.

4. Push and pull on the seatback to make sure it is locked.

Third Row Seat (Seven-Passenger)

To enter the third row seat, you must fold and tumble the second row seat following the instructions given previously.

If you are exiting the third row with no assistance, do the following:

1. Pull the handle, located on the center of the second row seatback, up to release the seatback and fold the seatback forward.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: A2

Pull the back of the seat lever, located on the outboard side of the seat and indicated with the number 2, to tumble the seat forward.

Be sure to return the seat to the original position when you are finished. Never use the third row as a seating position while the second row is folded and tumbled.

To fold the third row seat, do the following:

1. Pull up on the handle located on the bottom of the seat cushion to release the seat cushion.
  2. Lift up the seat, and then pull it forward.
  3. Fold the seatback forward until it is flat.
  4. If the second row set is also folded, unhook the elastic loop on the back of the seatback.

Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN
2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - 4WD