Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

i have a 2001 chev s10 blazer fuel gauge does not work have ...

i have a 2001 chev s10 blazer fuel gauge does not work have replaced sender need help to figure out wiring what should have power for gauge?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

This is not an easy fix as the level sensor is just a sensor that commands the pcm on what voltage to display for the level in the tank. Here is a schematic of the level sensor.

Object Number: 669593  Size: FS

As far as the gauge goes, as I said it works directly off of the pcm. It is adjusted by a class 2 signal from the pcm. This type of message cannot be tested with a voltmeter. It must be checked with a class 2 scan tool. Let me know if you have any questions, I think I understand what you are trying to test, but its not possible with the way this is wired.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
need to change card number for payment
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
I will see if I can get you some help with that, I am not sure how that end of things work. Feel free to contact me with any questions.