Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

how do you disable a alarm on a Chevy truck

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
HiXXX@XXXXXX.XXX Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Chevy?
-What model is your Chevy?
-What type of engine is in your Chevy?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2002 1500 ls, 5.7

i have an old remote, it is about to die, I need to "pull a wire" until I can figure out how to get a new one
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
Is this a factory installed security system?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
Upon starting to look for this information, I had some technical difficulties and the site I use for info is not working, so I am going to have to opt out. Sorry about that, but I cannot access the required info for you truck. I will forward this to other experts asap!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, I just need to know where to look to disable this gd thing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
while I underwstand that I am the dumb shit here, if you know these things, how hard can it be to tell me where to look?
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 years ago.

If this is a Factory Alarm:
The Alarm is part of the BCM & cannot be disconnected, without disabling components that are connected to it.
To DisArm :
Remove the 2 7mm screws retaining the Driver Knee Panel under the Steering Column.
REmove the Driver Knee Panel.
Below & slightly to the left of the Steering Column is the BCM, that has 3 plugs
Connect one end of a piece of wire to the Light GREEN (-) wire in the Violet Connector at the BCM, under the Steering Column. Connect the other end of the piece of wire to Ground (chassis)
That will DisArm the Alarm until you remove the wire

If this has helped,
Please Accept Expert: carhelp4u
Thank You

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this is not a factory alarm, it's a viper

Thanks for the Added Info.

Do you know where the Valet Switch is?
Do you know the Model Number of the Viper?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Lurch's Post: do not know the number, it's my wife's truck, she got it years ago and has no paper, if I knew where the valet switch was, I could probably disable it, that is probably my question, where is it likely to be?

Without knowing the Model Number, this is a guess:

Valet Switch can be located:
On the Antenna of the Viper
Button Type:
Under Driver Dash by Parking Brake
Ash Tray
Glove Box
Fuse Panel
etc.
This all depends on the Installer

I would look under Driver Dash & find the Viper Unit.
Follow Valet wire to switch (if it's there)

Or, remove Driver Knee Panel & locate the Starter Kill Relay or cut Starter wires & splice them back together

Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience: Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay, found the valet swith, is there any standrd method pushing holding, pushing repeadtedly etc, to disarm?

Usually:
Turn Ignition ON
Press & Hold Valet for apprx. 2 - 5 seconds
The LED should stop Flashing
That would be Valet.

To put it back into Alarm Mode
Press Valet Switch & LED should start Flashing