Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience.
5624692

2CNDL63FXXXXXXXXX chevy equinox ls 2005 transmission and ...

Customer Question

2CNDL63FXXXXXXXXX chevy equinox ls 2005 transmission and transmission module were changed, wiring diagram for transmission was inspected, no problems were found, still the transmission when vehicle starts goes to 3rd speed, check engine light is on and another light with a car on it, my scanner is not picking up codes for this vehicle. HELPPP
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.
Are you using a class 2 scanner capable of scanning all modules in a CAN bus system? Are you getting no communication or no codes (PASS result)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Mazda Ed's Post: i am not getting comunication, my tool needs upgrading, OBDII is not showing troublecodes.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.
Can you take this to a local parts store and have them check the codes? If you can get the codes I can be of much more help.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.

Without having codes, here is some info for you.

Subject:Reduced Power,Stuck in High Gear,SES Light On,DTC P0223,P0504,P1228,P1271,P1280,P1599,P1779,P1791,P2119,P2101,P2128,P2135,P2138 Set,Speaker Buzz Noise,HVAC Inop(Inspect/Replace Corroded/Bent Terminal) #03-08-45-003D - (02/24/2006)

Models:2005-2006 Chevrolet Equinox
2006 Pontiac Torrent
2002-2003 Saturn VUE

This bulletin is being revised to update an illustration. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-45-003C (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the vehicle is exhibiting one or more of the following conditions:

Reduced power
Transaxle not down shifting
SES light on
Buzz noise from door speaker(s)
Speaker(s) inoperative
HVAC blower motor inoperative
A/C compressor commanded OFF with vehicle speed (evaporator temperature sensor circuit 719 and/or 731 may be open)

These conditions may be intermittent. Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P0223, P0504, P0700, P1228, P1271, P1280, P1599, P1779, P1791, P2119, P2101, P2128, P2135, or P2138 may also be present.

Cause

The instrument panel/body inline connector (black 40-pin electrical connector), located behind the left hinge pillar garnish molding, may have bent or corroded terminals.

Correction

Disconnect and inspect the instrument panel/body inline connector (black 40-pin electrical connector). If necessary, replace damaged terminals and apply dielectric grease to the connector.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

1. Starting at the left hinge pillar garnish, pull upward to disengage the attaching clips.
  2. Reach under the instrument panel and pull upwards to disengage the additional clips and remove the molding from the vehicle.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

3. Disconnect the instrument panel/body inline connector (black 40-pin electrical connector).
  4. Inspect the connector for bent or corroded terminals.

Important: If no corrosion or bent terminals are found, proceed to Step 7 and follow trouble code diagnostics in the service manual or SI.

5. Remove any bent or corroded pins from the connector.
  6. Install the new terminal cut lead (verify correct size using connector/harness face views and electrical schematics in the appropriate service manual or SI).
  7. Pack the connector terminals with dielectric grease in order to prevent any further corrosion.
  8. Connect the instrument panel/body inline connector (black 40-pin electrical connector).
  9. Install the molding.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 6 years ago.

Condition

Some customers may comment on one or more of the following conditions:

The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) is ON.
The transmission is defaulted to second gear (4L80/85-E).
The transmission is defaulted to third gear (4L60/65-E).
The instrument cluster is inoperative.

Upon investigation, one or all of the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0740, P0753, P0758, P0785, P0787, P0973, P0976, P1860, P2761, P2764 and P2769 may be set depending on the vehicle.

Cause

The most likely cause of this condition may be a loss of voltage to the transmission solenoid power supply circuit.

This condition may also be the result of an incorrect installation of an aftermarket electronic device such as a remote starter or alarm system.

Correction

Important: If the vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket electronic device and the DTCs are being set when the device is being used, verify that the appropriate fuse is being supplied battery voltage during operation. If voltage is not present at this fuse, these DTCs will be set due to lack of voltage at the solenoids. This condition is most likely to occur with an incorrectly installed remote starting system. If this is the case, refer the customer to the installer of the system for corrections. ANY REPAIRS DUE TO AFTERMARKET INSTALLATION OF ACCESSORIES IS A NON-WARRANTABLE ITEM.

1. With the ignition switch in the RUN position, test for battery voltage at the circuit fuse in the transmission solenoid power supply circuit. Refer to the appropriate SI Document for the transmission solenoid power supply circuit information.
  2. If battery voltage is present at the fuse, inspect the ignition voltage circuit between the fuse and the transmission for possible opens.
  3. If battery voltage is not present at the fuse, test for continuity between the fuse and the ignition switch. If NO continuity is between the fuse and the ignition switch, repair the open in that circuit.
  4. If you have continuity between the fuse and the ignition switch, the most likely cause is the ignition switch. Replace the ignition switch using the appropriate Ignition Switch Replacement procedure in SI. Refer to group number 2.188 of the parts catalog for part description and usage of the ignition switch.