roadsidejerry, auto mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mechanic 39 years, 30 with NYPD Fleet Service Division

My 2006 Chevy Equinox heater wont work. The A/C works ...

Customer Question

My 2006 Chevy Equinox heater wont work. The A/C works as well as the fan but it blows only cold air when I turn on the heat. I have an AWD LS model. I also recently had the air cabin filter replaced? Could this be the source of my pain?

My second problem is the power adaptor (where I plug in my charger for my phone) is inop as well. I assume this is mearly a fuse but cant find the problem.

Help it is getting cold in the morning!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  roadsidejerry replied 8 years ago.
There are many things that can cause a no heat condition on any vehicle.First thing to check is coolant level,if low it wont get flow through the heater core. Next would be to check if the coolant is getting to the correct temperature if not it can be a defective thermostat in the engine.If all these check out the next things that have to be tested are heater controls and actuators and a clear flow through the heater core.Since this is a newer vehicle I wouldn't suspect a restricted heater core I would d go with the simpler items first.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to roadsidejerry's Post: I will check these. Much appreciation!
Thanks for accepting,A good test of heater flow and if the coolant is getting hot enough is to rum the vehicle for about 15 minutes. Open hood ,leave running in park and feel the 2 heater hose going into the heater case at the firewall.They both should hot enough that you cant hold on to them for more than 10 seconds.P.S.THANKS FOR THE BONUS