Bob
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)
2210118

HOW TO CHANGE RT TURN SIGNAL BULB ON 2001 CHEVY IMPALA

Customer Question

RIGHT TURN SIGNAL ONLY WONT LIGHT OR FLASH.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bob replied 7 years ago.
Front or rear bulb?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Bob's Post: RIGHT FRON BULB
Expert:  Bob replied 7 years ago.

Hello again, you need to remove the headlamp capsule to get to the turn light bulb. Start by removing this cover. This covers the headlamp also, but when the capsule is out you will see how to replace the signal bulb. Thanks

Document ID# XXXXX
2001 Chevrolet Impala

Radiator Air Baffle Assemblies and Deflectors (Upper)

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 537687  Size: SH

1. Remove the radiator air baffle retainers.
  2. Tilt the rear of air baffle upward slightly. Slide the air baffle rearward in order to disengage the upper and lower clips of the air baffle from the fascia support.
  3. Remove the radiator air baffle.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 537687  Size: SH

1. Position the radiator air baffle to the vehicle. Tilt the rear of the air baffle upward slightly. Position the upper clip of the air baffle to the lower edge of the front fascia support C-channel. Slide the baffle towards the front of the vehicle in order to completely engage the upper and lower clips of the baffle onto the fascia support.
  2. Align the tabs at the rear of the air baffle to the openings in the upper radiator support. Install the radiator air baffle retainers.

Document ID# XXXXX
2001 Chevrolet Impala

Document ID# XXXXX
2001 Chevrolet Impala

Headlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb and/or Cornering, Sidemarker, Park, Turn Signal Bulb Replacement (Impala)

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 182389  Size: SH

1. Open the hood.
  2. Remove the radiator air baffle as required.
  3. Remove the headlamp retainers, by pulling up. Hold the headlamp to prevent the headlamp from falling.
  4. Remove the headlamp out of the slots in upper fascia support and fender reinforcement.
    Object Number: 182398  Size: SH

5. Disconnect the electrical connector from the headlamp.
  6. Remove the headlamp from the vehicle.
    Object Number: 623845  Size: SH

7. Remove the rubber access cover from the headlamp for the bulb you are replacing.
    Object Number: 623839  Size: SH

8. Remove the bulb from the socket, turning counterclockwise.
    Object Number: 623948  Size: SH

9. Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
Installation Procedure

Object Number: 623948  Size: SH

1. Connect the electrical connector to the bulb.
    Object Number: 623839  Size: SH

2. Install the bulb to the socket, turning clockwise.
    Object Number: 623845  Size: SH

3. Install the rubber access cover to the headlamp for the bulb you are replacing.
    Object Number: 182398  Size: SH

4. Connect the electrical connector to the headlamp.
    Object Number: 182389  Size: SH

5. Install the headlamp retainers through holes in the upper fascia support and the fender reinforcement.
  6. Install the headlamp retainers, by sliding downward until fully seated.
  7. Check the headlamp aim, If a new headlamp was installed, or if service or repairs in the front end area were made.
  8. Install the radiator air bafflel as required.
  9. Close the hood.

Document ID# XXXXX
2001 Chevrolet Impala