Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician

Noise bolts, to access removal of the hubs

Customer Question

THere is noise coming from the rear wheels. I checked the tires and they are O.K. I looked at the hubs but there seems to be hidden bolts, to access removal of the hubs?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

Removal Procedure
The wheel bearing in the rear wheel hub is integrated into one unit. Therefore, the hub is non-serviceable. If the hub and/or bearing is damaged, replace the complete hub and bearing assembly. The bearing is not replaceable separately.

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
  2. Remove the tire and wheel assembly. .
  3. Remove the rear caliper and bracket..
  4. Remove the brake rotor.
  5. Remove teh 4 bolts holding teh hub assembly to the knuckle. teh bolts are reached from behind the knuckle, under the vehicle.
  6. Remove the hub assembly.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question; if so, please click my accept button! Thanks!