Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician

1996 chevy blazer: fuel filter..4x4, 4.3 v6, engine

Customer Question

what is the process to change a fuel filter on a 1996 chevy blazer, 4x4, 4.3 v6, engine?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

The fuel filter is located in teh fuel line under the vehicle, along the passenger side frame rail.

To change it, you need to first relieve teh fuel pressure by unplugging the fuel pump relay or the fuel pump fuse and then running the engine untill it stalls.

Then, using a wrench unscrew the fuel lines from the filter. Unbolt the fuel filter bracket from the frame rail, and remove the filter.

When installing the new filter, you will notice an arrow on the side of the filter indicating the direction of fuel flow; it should point towards the engine.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question; if so, please click my accept button! Thanks!

Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

I have noticed that for some reason you have not yet accepted the answer I provided for your question.

Please click the accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance; if you still require help with this question, then please let me know.... thanks!