goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

2003 Suburban: heated..drivers seat..turns off by itself

Customer Question

2003 Suburban heated front driver's seat comes on by itself and turns off by itself
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 9 years ago.

Hello, there is a updated switch for this concern. there is also some software updates for the seat control module that your local dealer will have to performed. here is the service information on updated switch

A customer may comment that the front passenger or drivers heated seats turn on by themselves. Dealer technicians my not be able to duplicate the concern and no DTCs will be set. This concern maybe caused by the customer inadvertently contacting the heated seat switch.

To correct this concern, a new low profile switch has been released. The new part number switches are as follows:

15116861 passenger

15116862 drivers w/ memory, heated, and adjusted pedals

15116863 drivers w/ memory and heated only

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

(03 and 04 Chevrolet Silverado) and (03 and 04 Chevrolet Avalanche) and (03 and 04 Chevrolet Tahoe, Suburban) and (03 and 04 GMC Sierra, Sierra Denali) and (03 and 04 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Denali, Denali XL) and (03 and 04 Cadillac Escalade, EXT, ESV)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I appreciate the info. I am a former GM wrench and I didn't realize that the whole switch cluster was one piece. Also, I found a TSB on this problem. Is this an item that I should have recieved a call back notice to fix this repair or am I SOL?

well, this is a service bulletin about a updated part and not a recall. if you have a good relationship with a chevy dealership, wont hurt to ask for some warranty help!!!!!

Thanks for using JA