BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Recomended tune up at 100K miles for a 6.0L V8 Chevy Silverado 2002?

Customer Question

What is the recomended tune up at 100K miles for a 6.0L V8 Chevy Silverado 2002?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer at this mileage it is usually recommended to replace the plugs and plug wires, clean the injectors, change the fuel filter, service the throttle body, and change all of the fluids. Do you plan on doing this yourself?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes, I would like to do this myself. So any tips on replacement part mfgrs or part numbers and any do's, don'ts and things to watch out for would be helpful.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
Is the vehicle 2 orXXXXX
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It is aXXXXX
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It is a 4X4
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
Okay. For the plugs and wires I would stick with a/c delco. Use O.E. on the plugs. They should be platinum. There is no need to by the anything more than original equipment. Fuel filter beand does not matter too much just don't go with the cheapest stuff. I would have the injectors cleaned at a shop since most of the in-tank stuff does not work all that well. The throttle body can be cleaned with any throttle body cleaner. If you are not sure how to change any of the fluids let me know. Also, be sure the key is off when changing the fuel filter so that the fuel does not continue to pump out. It will spray slightly at first.