Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

2000ChevyMetro: WhereistheFuseBox..fuse blew..lighter..commute

Where is the Fuse Box on a 2000 Chevy Metro? My fuse blew about 9 months ago as soon as I plugged in my cell phone charger and now the charger (lighter) and the radio don't work.

I commute 45 min to work and I need my radio!

My father is willing and able to change the fuse, but we can't find the box--he sid he looked under the steering wheel. The car was bought used, so I don't have a manual.

Also, do you think it's something not related to the fuses? I know ZERO about cars, but will gladly relay the information to my father and pay as soon as someone's able to help me out.

Its under the hood near the battery.

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

If not, please click on Accept.

Thanks for asking!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Just to clarify (and I'm a health expert, so I know how frustrating it can be when someone asks a question about something they know NOTHING about)-this is the fuse box that will fix my radio?

Is there anything you think it could be aside from a blown fuse? This is what my father said, and it seems to make sense to me seeing as how it happened immediately after I plugged the phone charger in.

Sorry again. I'm a single mother, I can't afford to get ripped off or spend the couple of hundreds the mechanic wanted to charge me just to "diagnose" the problem.

Well hello there Kae, nice to meet you!

You deserve the best of the best treatment and i'll be happy to help you!

Let me pull up some diagrams and we WILL get this figured out.

so this started right after the phone charger was plugged in?

Does the charger outlet still work or is it dead as well as the radio?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

lol, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I appreciate it. Smile

It started the second I plugged the charger in-the radio and the lights went off and the phone wouldn't charge.

However (and this confuses me--which isn't saying much!), the light for the clock will click on if I push the power button in...but it won't let me adjust the time or switch over to radio or audio settings mode.

Ok,,,i found it!!!

Disregard the last pic,,,that was a fuse box under the need to check the fuse box inside the car, located on the end of the dash panel.

The fuse is labled ACC..

If you have any further questions just holler!

Are ya still with me???

Or are ya busy fixin up sick people, like i'm fixin sick cars?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Thanks. I printed out your diagrams and will give them to my father tomorrow morning.

If he or I have any questions, I'll let you know! If he finds the box okay, then I'll give you an accept and great feedback. I'll definitely request you for all my car care needs. Wink

No problem Kae,,,

I'm a bit concerned about "If he finds the box okay, then I'll give you an accept"

Tell him to put his glasses on so i can get paid!!!! Just kidding, let me know if you have further questions....

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Unfortunately (for me!), I wasn't able to get to my father's today. I work nights--7pm-7:30am) and by the time I woke up it was almost time to get ready to go back.

But I am accepting your answer, with a little extra for your troubles. I'm sure if the fuse box isn't on the end of the dash panel, you'll be able to suggest something else?

Thanks again, and take care!

Thanks Kae,

Of course,,if you still have trouble, you know where i work, just let me know :-)

Thanks for the BONUS!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Hey. V.W.

I see you're online, which is great. I hope you're at your computer.

My father can't find the thing. He wants to know if you can tell him exactly where at the end of the dash panel it is. He unscrewed a panel on the far right, near where the front passenger would put his/her feet this morning with no luck. Last time he looked, he unscrewed a segment under the steering wheel.

(He showed me the one in his car, so at least I know he know's what they look like, lol)

Hi there,

Lower left side, under dash.

Let me know if you still need assistance :-)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Found it, fixed it, thrilled to have some music back!

That last pic really helped.

Thanks again V.W. Truly appreciated.

Ya know what,,,i was just thinkin of ya.

I usualy dont listen to music when i'm answering questions untill i'm pretty much done answering and am waiting for replys..then i gotta crank it up....good 'ole Classic Rock-n-Roll..and when i tuned in i thought OH NO she hasnt replied and is going to have to go to work without tunes....Glad you are ~Rockin~ now!!

Tell your Pa, good work for me!

p.s. I was checking out some of your answers to questions,,,,,,isnt it amazing how we can relate health diagnoses to auto diagnoses? Just a matter of the parts being in different locations lol...

Glad i could help ya out.