Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified
4976144

93 chevy S10: fan clutch..4cyl..I can easily get to the fan bolts

I need to replace the fan clutch on a '93 chevy S10 4cyl. Pick-up.I can easily get to the fan bolts.But how do I remove the clutch?
The fan shroud needs to come off as well to make room for the fan and clutch. Once the shroud is out of the way, remove the fan and then the bolts holding the clutch to the fan. Be sure the fan is tightened down in sequence so it is even on the pulley. You shouldn't even have to remove the serpentine belt to accomplish this job.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dan's Post: Dan, 4 blts hold the fan to the clutch. do I also need to remove the 4 nuts at the waterpump end of the fan shaft.Or will it fairly obvious once that shroud is out of the way? Customer
The easiest way is to remove the fan and clutch together after removing the shroud and divide the two on the bench. The 4 nuts holding the clucth to the pulley need to come off first to remove the assy. and then remove the 4 bolts to seperate the clutch and fan.