Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified

have already removed top of vortec,and distributer

have already removed top of vortec,and distributer and other related parts,only fuel rail is in the way of removing lower vortec, main problem is water in the oil at a rapid rate, what a bout the fuel rail?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Removal Procedure
  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to the Fuel Pressure Release Procedure .
  3. Remove the intake manifold plenum. Refer to Engine Mechanical .
  4. Remove the high voltage switch assembly.
  5. Disconnect the engine fuel pipes at the rail.
  6. Remove the engine fuel pipe bracket bolt.
  7. Remove the fuel inlet and return line O-rings and discard.
  8. Disconnect the injector electrical connectors and remove from the coil bracket.
  9. Remove the fuel rail retaining bolts (5).
  10. Disconnect the vacuum hose line to pressure regulator.
  11. Remove the fuel rail from the intake manifold.
  12. Remove the injector O-ring seal from the spray tip end of each injector. Discard the seals. With the O-ring removed, the O-ring backup may slip off of the injector. Be sure to retain O-ring backup for reuse.

Installation Procedure

NOTE : Ensure that the O-ring backups are on the injectors before installing the new O-rings. Lubricate the new injector O-ring seals with clean engine oil and install on the spray tip end of each injector.

1. Install the fuel rail assembly in intake manifold. Tilt the rail assembly to install the injectors.
  2. Install the fuel rail attaching bolts. Tighten
    • Tighten the fuel rail attaching bolts to 10 Nm (89 lb. in.) .
  1. Connect the injector electrical connectors.
  2. Install the new O-rings on the fuel pipes.
  3. Connect the fuel feed and return lines. Tighten
    • Engine fuel pipe nuts to 27 Nm (20 lb. ft.) .
    • Use a back-up wrench on the fittings to prevent them from turning.
  1. Connect the negative battery cable.
  2. Install the fuel filler cap.
  3. Check for fuel leaks.
8.1.Turn the ignition switch to the ON position for 2 seconds.
8.2.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for 10 seconds.
8.3.Again, turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8.4.Check for fuel leaks.
  1. Install the intake manifold plenum. Refer to Engine Mechanical
Dan, Auto Technician
Experience: GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified