how do you bypass the security on a 1994 camaro

Customer Question

i have ran a wire to the silanoid and got it to start but it dies as soon as it starts.?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

There is quite a bit to bypass the system. You will first need to determine which vats key you actually have. This can be done by ohming the original key out with an ohm meter, or contacting your local dealer and having them run your vin # XXXXX find out. Gm has stiffened there policies and most gm dealers will require the owner to bring picture ID and proof of ownership. After you know which vats key you have you must purchase a resistor of equal resistance and solider it into the harness at the ignition cylinder. Gm designed this system to be tamper proof and it is to a point. I am going to give you a website that will help you further understand what you must do. You can get the resistors at you local radio shack. Let me know if you have any questions. Here is the link to the site that will give you vats key ohms and a little more on what you are looking for. Good luck!