Chevy man
Chevy man, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Chevy products

Replacing the spider fuel injector line in my 2000 chevy blazer 4dr?

Customer Question

How do I go about replacing the spider fuel injector line in my 2000 chevy blazer 4dr?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy man replied 6 years ago.
What exactly will you be changing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: The spider line was recalled and replace by a new spider line system, what do i need to do in order to change to the new system?
Expert:  Chevy man replied 6 years ago.

Another expert just gave me those instructions. I guess they knew what you were going to ask.

Here are the conversion instructions

Central SFI to MFI Conversion Instructions
This procedure outlines the steps required to replace the existing Central SFI Fuel System with a new MFI (Multiport Flexible Injection) Fuel System. Be sure to use the appropriate year and model Service Manual for proper disassembly and re-assembly procedure(s).

Important: Cleaning the CSFI injectors is the preferred repair. The CSFI unit should not be replaced until cleaning ha been attempted. If the vehicle should return for the same repair, then the CSFI unit can be replaced with a MFI unit. If the vehicle is out of warranty, the customer should be given the option of which fix to pursue.

V6 Engines
Remove Upper Intake Manifold plenum and SFI Fuel Meter Body according to Service Manual Procedures.
Figure 1

(1) Cyl. #1 tube
(2) Cyl. #2 tube
(3) Cyl. #3 tube
(4) Cyl. #4 tube
(5) Cyl. #5 tube
(6) Cyl. #6 tube
(7) MFI Fuel Meter Body

Remove the Fuel Meter Body bracket and discard. Install the new bracket as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 2

(1) Cyl. #1 tube
(2) Cyl. #2 tube
(3) Cyl. #3 tube
(4) Cyl. #4 tube
(5) Cyl. #5 tube
(6) Cyl. #6 tube
(7) MFI Fuel Meter Body

Position Fuel Tubes of MFI Fuel Meter Body as shown in Figure 2. Tubes must be oriented away from the fuel pressure regulator end of the fuel meter body.
Notice: The number 3 Fuel Tube must be positioed behind the number 1 Fuel Tube to eliminate interference with the Upper Intake Manifold plenum when installed. See Figure 2.

Insert the MFI Fuel Meter Body into the Fuel Meter Body Bracket on the Lower Intake Manifold being careful not to bind the Fuel Tubes. Make sure that the number three Fuel Tube is routed in behind number 1 and 5 Fuel Tubes as shown in Figure 2. Push down firmly on the fuel meter body locking it into the bracket.
Notice: Use caution when inserting injectors into lower intake manifold to be sure the correct injector is being placed into the correct hole.

Injectors should not be removed once they have been installed.

Removal of injectors from the intake manifold may cause damage to the retaining lugs on the injector.

Important: The Injector holes are numbered on the Lower Intake Manifold. The injectors are numbered on the side of the Fuel Meter Body.

Insert the number 3 injector into the correct Injector hole in the Lower Intake Manifld first. Install the number 5 injector next and then number 1. This sequence must be followed correctly to prevent interference of the Fuel Tubes. Injectors 2, 4, and 6 are then installed.
Insure that the electrical connectors of the injectors are positioned so that they do not interfere with each other and are pointing towards the center of the Intake Manifold. If necessary, rotate the electrical connectors inboard.
Notice: Lack of lubrication will make installation of the Upper Intake Manifold plenum difficult and may cause damage to the O-ring.

Lubricate the Fuel Meter Body Upper Manifold O-ring (orange in color) with clean engine oil.
Inspect the Upper Intake Manifold plenum gasket and replace if necessary. Reinstall the Upper Intake Manifold plenum following the procedures outlined in the Service Manual.
Important: Lubricate the Fuel Inlet and Return Lines with clean engine oil before inserting them into the Fuel Meter Body.

Make sure that the Fuel Line Retaining Bracke is properly oriented with the tabs down.

V8 Engines

Remove the Fuel Meter Body bracket and discard. Install the new bracket.
Figure 3

(1) Cyl. 2, 4, 6 and 8 tubes
(2) Fuel Inlet
(3) Cyl. 1, 3, 5 and 7 tubes
(4) Fuel Pressure Regulator

Position Fuel Tubes of MFI Fuel Meter Body as shown in Figure 3. Fuel tubes 1, 3, 5, and 7 are oriented toward the fuel inlet side of the fuel meter body. Fuel tubes 2,4,6, and 8 are oriented toward the fuel pressure regulator side if the fuel meter body.
Insert the MFI Fuel Meter Body into the Fuel Meter Body Bracket on the Lower Intake Manifoldbeing careful not to bind the Fuel Tubes. Push down firmly on the fuel meter body until the tabs snap into the bracket locking the fuel meter body in place.

(1) Cylinders 6 & 8
(2) Fuel Pressure Regulator
(3) Cylinders 2 & 4
(4) Cylinders 5 & 7
(5) Cylinders 1 & 3

Orient the fuel tubes to coincide with their corresponding cylinder. The fuel tubes are numbered on the side of the fuel meter body and the corresponding cylinder number is XXXXX in the intake manifold.

Insert th fuel tubes into their corresponding holes in the intake manifold. Install tubes for cylinders 1, 3, 6 and 8 making sure that the injector electrical connectors are facing in toward the center of the manifold.
Insert fuel tubes for cylinders 2,4,5, and 7 in the same manner.
Important: When installing fuel tubes, it is important that the tubes are oriented properly to provide minimal interference when installing the upper intake manifold plenum. Intake holes for cylinders 2, 4, 5, and 7 are closer to the fuel meter body. It is necessary to cross tube 5 over tube 7 and tube 4 over tube 2 as shown in Figure 4.

Lubricate the Fuel Meter Body Upper Manifold O-ring (blue in color) with clean engine oil.
Inspect Upper Intake Manifold Gasket and replace if necessary. Reinstall the Upper Intake Manifold plenum following the procedures in the Service Manual. Important: Lubricate the Fuel Inlet and Return Lines with clean engine oil before inserting them in the of the Fuel Meter Body.

Make sure that Fuel Line Retaining Bracket is properly oriented with the tabs down.

Parts Information
Cleaning Procedure Parts

Part Number
Description

12345382
Threadlock
(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Top Engine Cleaner (U.S.)

992872
Top Engine Cleaner (Canada)

12345104
Port Fuel Injector Cleaner (U.S.)

10953467
Port Fuel Injector Cleaner (Canada)

CSFI to MFI Conversion Parts

Part Number
Description

12568332
V-6 MFI Assembly

88894355
V-6 Bracket

17113215
V-6 Seal Kit

93441235
V-8 MFI Assembly

17113206
V-8 Seal Kit

93442096
V-8 Bracket

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.