Chevy man
Chevy man, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Chevy products
201885

1983 chevy: factory installed..you have the original vacuum diagram

I need a vacuum diagram for a 1983 chevy van with a goodwrench 350 chevy engine that was factory installed to replace the original 305 engine. Do you have the original vacuum diagram?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.
There would be no such diagram that would apply to a vehicle that has been modified like that.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The vacuum diagram that is needed should be the diagram for the original 305 engine that was installed by Chevrolet. All the original hoses,
TVS's,EFE TVS's, Air cleaner TVS, and all original emission controls are on the van. The van
belongs to my father & he started changing vacuum lines without marking the lines(were old,brittle,& getting chalky,etc) and cannot get it back like it should be. Engine is racing highly when cranked & engine is cold,then will run rough when it is warmed-up & the A/C is turned on. He cannot see well,& I'm sure you know what it is like trying to work inside with the "doghouse" removed! I competed for my school in auto mechanics in 1985, but that has been a long time ago. I live in the B'ham area & I'm trying to help my father over the phone that is in
Mobile,AL ! He has a Haynes manual,but could not find the vacuum diagram & the one under the hood is faded. I told him I like the Chilton manuals
better, and I do not have a Mitchell tech-book available. Someone please help me...
                                  Gerald
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.
Is the 8th digit of the VIN# XXXXX "F" or an "H"?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: The 8th digit of the V.I.N. is an "H"
( 1GCEG25H6D-----). I am trying to get information & reply back when I cn while I am at
work. That is why there has been such a time delay.
                             Thank You,
                                Gerald
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.

OK, here ya go

graphic

Chevy man, Chevy Technician
Experience: ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Chevy products
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Chevyman,
   Thank You very much for your help. I am trying to locate some parts for a 1975 Monza T/C
with a factory v8 engine (262 C.I./4.3). Any suggestions there?   Or will I need to add more money to my account?   Cell #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
                                Gerald
P.S. I'm into domestic muscle cars from 1962-
1981(primarily GM-Chevy & Pontiac).
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.

You would need to start a different question for that.

Thank you for the accept.