Dan, Auto Technician
Experience:  GM Mark of Excellence/ Service Guild Participant with 13 years experience, ASE Master Certified

1995 Chevy Tahoe: I have a retired paramedic truck..TBI

Customer Question

I have a retired paramedic truck. 1995 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 TBI engine. All emergency equipment was removed. I left the large alternator in place and dual batteries. This past weekend the voltage regulator spike and "cooked-over" both batteries. Those repairs are complete. New alternator, converted back to single battery and alot of clean up. Had put baking soda on most of engine compartment to stop the damage of acid and then washed off. Now, the truck turns over fine, but will not start. Replaced plug wires and plug. Ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 9 years ago.
Check for power and ground at the ignition coil, make sure the injector wires are in good shape and not chaffed at the throttle body, ensure the sensor wires are all in good shape as well. Able to scan the ECM for any trouble codes that may be set? Verify the coil itself is in good physical shape and check all the fuses and fusible links for any being open or burned. Take a look at these things and let me know what you find ok.