My 2000 Chevy Blazer 4wd service light is on. It acts ...

My 2000 Chevy Blazer 4wd service light is on. It acts funny and then automatically goes into 4wd high on its own! Any ideas??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.
The very first thing you need to do is have this scanned with a Class2 scan tool. The service 4wd messageis telling you there is an error code inside of the 4wd system. Retrieving this code will tell you exactly what is wrong. If you retrieve the code post it here and we can go into detail on how to fix it. Another option you have is to clear the code manually, by removing the TCM fuse located out in the under hood electrical center. Leave it out for10 minutes and reinstall it and see how it works. It may work for a while, but likely the code will come back again. I hope this helps. Let me know if you get the code and I can help you more.