frank
frank, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,24 years of Chevroler/GM experience and training .ASE Recertified Master Tech,
1816887

How do I replace the intake gasket on a 2002 chevy s10 blazer ?

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  frank replied 9 years ago.

You need to do the following,remove the upper fan schrould,cooling fan asembly and serpentine beltRemove the air duct from the throttle body and remove from the vehicle with the duct tube and air filter housing..Remove the bolts and nut from the p/s support braket-note that 1 nut is from behind and 1 in low and next to the crank.Move the pump and bracket assmbly off to the side.loosen the nut on the fiting on the egr tube.Remove the idler pully and belt tensioner.Remove the upper radiator hose at the intake after draining and the heater hose and bypass hose at the front of the intake.Note the placement of the plug wires and remove tha passengers side only,remove teh 2 screws on the dist cap ,remove the cap and lay off to the drivers side.On the base of the distibutor is a notch,using a marker-mark the rotor for placement and remove the distbutor.DONOT ROTATE THE ENGINE from this point on.Loosen the 2 fuel lines at the rear of the intake and remove the support bolt.Remove the egr support bolt from the tube and position off to the side.Remove your wire connectors and locate off to the side.Remove the intake bolts from the corners8 and lift the front of the intake up and side forward.If you remove the alternator support bracket bolts and braket it will give you more room.To install is the reverse.The bolts are loctited and torque depends on which gasket and manufacture.The instuctions should come with them.I could be as low as 118 in lbs or as high as 30 ft lbs.