Chevy man
Chevy man, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Chevy products
201885

1999 cavalier: replace passenger side marker light bulb that is burnt

how to replace passenger side marker light bulb that is burnt on 1999 cavavlier
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.

Side Marker Light

See Figures 20, 21, 22 and 23

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 20: Remove the retaining screw for the side marker light and ...

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 21: ... remove the lens from the quarter panel

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 22: Twist the bulb socket to release it from the lens

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 23: Pull the bulb assembly out of the socket to remove

1. Remove the two retaining screws from the lens.

2. Remove the lens from the rear fascia.

3. Grasp the bulb socket and rotate it counter-clockwise to remove it from the lamp.

4. Pull the bulb out to remove it from the socket.

5. Installation is the reverse of removal.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Front Turn Signal and Parking Lights

See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 1: Remove the retaining bolts for the splash shield and ...

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 2: ... remove the splash shield from the vehicle

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 3: Twist the bulb socket to remove it from the lamp and ...

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 4: ... lower the socket down to access the bulb

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 5: Pull the bulb straight out to remove it from the socket

1. Remove the inner wheel well splash shield.

2. Grasp the bulb socket and rotate it counter-clockwise to remove it from the lamp.

3. Remove the bulb from the socket.

4. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: i do not have a retaining screw if i did i would not have asked the question. the picture shown is not how my car looks. my marker light is in the plastic front bumper. it is also a different shape it is more of an oval shape, IT IS A 1999 Cavalier. Please look up the correct car this time.
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.

The correct car was looked up. I don't take credit for the way these data bases are written.

This is from a different source.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: THIS IS THE CORRECT CAR BUT IT DOES NOT TELL ME HOW TO GET TO #4 THAT IS THE BULB I NEED TO REPLACE I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE#4 SHOWN IN THE PICTURE
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.
#4 appears to be a grill reinforcement. The instructions state to reach behind the light for the attaching nuts once the headlamp is removed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: I JUST DID THAT BUT STILL CANNOT GET TO #4 THERE IS A LOT OF BARS AND PLASTIC IN THE WAY CANNOT EVEN GET CLOSE
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.
Are you trying to remove the side marker light in the fender or a front turn signal and parking light?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: I AM TRYING TO REMOVE A MARKER LAMP THAT IS IN THE FRONT PLASTIC BUMPER THEIR IS NO RETAINING SCREW IT IS ABOUT 10 INCHES AWAY FROM THE HEADLAMP,TURN SIGNAL, PARKING LITE ASSEMBLY
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.

There's your problem. There are no marker lights in the front of the car. That is a turn signal/parking lamp, not a marker light.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chevy man's Post: HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE FRONT INNER WHEEL HOUSING, WHAT IS THE FRONT INNER WHEEL HOUSING?? IF I KNEW WHAT IT WAS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REMOVE IT
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
JUST RECEIVED A EMAIL SAID YOU HAD ANSWERED MY QUESTION BUT THERE WAS NO ANSWER COULD U RESEND
Expert:  Chevy man replied 7 years ago.
The wheel well is the black plastic inside the wheel well and it's held in by very obvious screws. Remove the screws in the front section and pull it back far enough to get our arm in there.
Chevy man, Chevy Technician
Experience: ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Chevy products