GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

1998 chevrolet venture: van..windsheild wipers the stop..windshield

Customer Question

I have 1998 cheverolet venture van, When I shut off the windsheild wipers the stop straight up the windshield at 180 degree's off of where the should be. Please help!!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
Hello Clueless Auto, other than that how well do the wipers work?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BOBBYSS's Post: The wipers work find other than when you shut them off they don't come back to the park position, they go straight up the windsheild and park there. You don't have to answer back if you don't want to because i don't have the $25.00 to pay for your knowledge. But thank you for your time.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
If you cannot pay I really do not want to say that I cannot help you. I am not supposed to do this but I will tell you the problem is most likely the wiper control module. Have a nice day.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to BOBBYSS's Post: I was told that it was in the park mechanism. That is located somewhere behind the wiper motor, and by adjuisting that it would bring the arms to where the are suppose to be or are they leading me down the wrong path!
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
It is usually the module, but it may also be an electrical short.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
After being told that it was the modgule. I did some checking my self to find that if the wipers stayed in the up-right position, it was possible the motor crank arm ass.and it was.But thank you for advice. Clueless Auto
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 9 years ago.
No problem. Good job fixing the vehicle.