Steve
Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician
157173

94 chevy: s battery because the cables are on top, whereas my caviler

Customer Question

How do I remove the battery from my 94 chevy caviler? The battery is dead and I need to replace it. I know how to remove my other car's battery because the cables are on top, whereas my caviler's are on the side. Please advise.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Steve replied 10 years ago.

Hello!

The battery in your Cavalier is removed just like the battery in your other car; the terminals are just shaped somewhat differently.

If you look at the battery cables, you will see that they are attached to the side of the battery with bolts; simply unscreq the bolts holding the cables to the battery and they will come right off.

There is also a plastic clamp holding the battery to the tray it sits in; look down along the side of the battery and you will find the clamp; use a 13mm socket to loosen the blot holding the clamp down and you will be able to lift the battery right out.

Hope this is helpful; if so, please click my accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance.... If you need any further help with this problem, please let me know. Thanks!