Bob
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)
2210118

how to program keyless remote on old stlye o7 silverado

i purchased a new 07 "classic" silverado ext cab 1500 last week and just discovered one Remote doesn't work. does anyone have the program to re-program both remotes..both remotes have number 1 on back and the model numbers are the same gm15132197   canada 109G 12021 Model/FCCID LHJ011 thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is TOO busy to help, but said i could bring it back in later!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bob replied 7 years ago.
Document ID# XXXXX
2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic

Transmitter Programming

Important

Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

There are 3 methods for programming transmitters, which are listed below as methods 1-3. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed to the passenger door module (PDM). Each programmed transmitter is given a position of #1-#4 in the PDM memory.

Method 1 - No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters

Important

All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
  2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
  3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
  4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
  5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
  6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
  7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
  8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
  9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Method 2 - Scan Tool Required, Program Individual Transmitter

Important

Only use this option if you are certain which transmitter, #1-#4, is being replaced, or the new transmitter can be programmed into a previously unused position within the PDM memory.

1. Install a scan tool.
  2. Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
  3. Use the scan tool in order to access the passenger door module Special Function menu.
  4. Select Program Individual Key Fob to program specific transmitters.
  5. Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the transmitter or transmitters.
  6. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Method 3 - Scan Tool Required, Program All Transmitters

Important

1. Install a scan tool.
  4. Select Program All Key Fobs to clear the PDM memory.
  5. Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the transmitters.

Document ID# XXXXX
2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
question on step 2...do i press and hold the door unlock switch on the door or on the keyless remote??
Expert:  Bob replied 7 years ago.
You hold the button on the door while you cycle the ignition. If for some reason the manual procedure does not work, a class 2 scanner will be needed to do the job. Have you checked for a bad battery in the bad remote? You could also have a failed part. The dealer parts department has a special tool for testing the remotes, sometimes they fail also.
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience: Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)