Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

Where is the EGR valve located on a 2003 chevy impala 3.1 V6

just need to know how to replace the egr valve on my 2003 chevy impala
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
Do you possibly have a 3.4 or a 3.8?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: 3.1   V6
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
can you post your vin number?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That I can't give you due to security reasons, I hope you understand that part. I do not personally know you and really don't like giving out that information. Thank you anyway, if you can't answer the question
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
what is the 8th digit from the front. I only want to see the engine code.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: J
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.
I only list a 3.4e engine and a 3.8k engine for the impala. There is no security issues for giving me the first five digits in the vin. This only tells me model and production plant. Could you possibly give me these digits? I am just trying to verify what i am looking at. The only digits to be concerned with are the last 8. These can be used for anything. Including making a key! Or if you want you can give me just the fifth digit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could you just give me what info you have, cause my daughter just left mad as I didn't have the right tools to replace the egr valve?
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 7 years ago.

I believe that if you are sure you have a 3.1, the car is a malibu. Here is a pic on the malibu.

Here is a pic of the 3.1 malibu. It looks the same as a 3.4 setup. It is positioned on the back side of the engine. This is the view you would get looking from the back side of the engine! There is one pipe connected to it with one bolt. It has two mounting bolts that mount the egr valve!

Object Number: 507392  Size: SH

Here is a pic of the 3.4 impala! This will be located on the back side of the engine.

Object Number: 507392  Size: SH

Here is a pic of the 3.8 impala.

Object Number: 12312  Size: MH

Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION